CONDITIONING WEEK 9: Because if they were weak, you would injure yourself.
Weight carrying is exactly the opposite of office work. During the working hours, we are sitting in our chairs curving our back, which means that our back and core muscles rot in corporate hell. Very bad. Also the perfect path to injury.
So let’s reverse this and carry some weight.
- Intensity: Moderate/High/Extreme
- Volume: Light/Heavy/It’s a Joke
- Strategy: Pace It/Max-out/Mixed
Work in pairs for the time. You will visit four stations, and each station has an object:
- Station 1: 9-kg Medball
- Station 2: Box (on which you jump)
- Station 3: 2 x 16 kg / 35 lbs Kettlebells
- Station 4: 12 kg Slam Ball
Each team takes the object of any station and
- runs 800 metres / 0.5 mile, after that
- performs 100 reps od a specific exercise with the object, after which
- rests for 2 minutes.
This is one station, and all teams repeat this with the next station and next object.
Exercises to perform:
- Station 1: 100 Wall Balls
- Station 2: 100 Box Jumps
- Station 3: 100 Kettlebell Swings
- Station 4: 100 Ball Slams
So, your team starts at Station 1 by grabbing the 9kg Medball and running 800 metres. You can share the medball as you want: you can swap every 100 metres, or every 200 metres, it is your personal preference how you deal with the medball curse.
When you are back: perform 100 Wall Balls – again, share as you want.
Then take 2 minutes to rest.
And start the next station, following the same pattern.
And so on…
Same as above, except:
- the distance shortens to 400 metres / 0.25 mile;
- the number of reps falls to 50;
- the resting time increases to 3 minutes.
Dames and Jacks: 45+ minutes
Queens and Kings: 35-45 minutes
Aces: less than 35 minutes